1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are the members of your family?
No pets here. Although I'm not a fan of anthropomorphism, when we did have a dog he was allowed to sleep in the house.
2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?
To have my father happily live closer to us in Sydney.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
I try not to hate. Today I'm succeeding so there ain't no such thing as my most hated thing. Today. Tomorrow my answer might be different.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off the mortgage on the house. Buy a new car. Get some training in how to wisely invest and use the rest of the billion.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
A few things. Playing with my son. Cracking a joke. Spending time with my wife.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
I don't know.
7. What is your bedtime routine?
Brush teeth. Set alarm. Read book.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
She came to work in my department. I was her boss. Sparks flew. Dated. Loved. Married.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
10. What kinds of books do you read?
Books. How quaint. Detective fiction by Robert Crais or Robert B. Parker or Lee Child. Non-fiction history.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years' time?
I've ceased trying to look into the future since I accepted my inability to do so accurately.
12. What’s your fear?
Incapacitation of,or death of my son.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
No. Not because I love junk food so much but because although I've had a lifelong fascination with space travel I have never wanted it for myself.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Married but poor. Do I really have to be poor?
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Check the time on the clock to see if it's close to alarm time or I can safely have some more sleep.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
You're kidding, right? If I wanted to change her I wouldn't still be happily married after 17 years.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like the one I've got, thanks. I chose to be called Bob rather than my given Robert when I was around 16 years old. Works for me.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Breakfast cereal with milk.