There has been some controversy in the last couple of days about some advice which Sinead O'Conner, an Irish Singer, has given to Miley Cyrus, a pop singer.
I thought I would give Miley the benefit of my own advice.
Please take this in the fatherly way it is meant.
1. Buy blue chip shares. Now, people will try to get you to buy speculative stocks, but really blue chips with a strong income stream and decent capital growth are best. If they're Australian stocks, those with fully franked dividends are the ones to buy. But you don't have that system in the USA.
2. Travel while you are young Miley. Before you have kids
3. Have kids. Kids are great, but they might prevent you travelling so much.
4. Unless you have a nanny. But remember, don't get a nanny who might tempt your man. That way lays disaster.
5. Go to a Springsteen concert before he gets too old to do his thing. Yes, Miley, a Springsteen concert.
6. Pay your taxes. Plenty of entertainers have tried to avoid taxes, the government always catches up with them. See number 7.
7. The NSA is monitoring your calls, so be careful what you say.
8. Put out a Christmas album. Keeps a royalty stream coming every year, year after year. Bing Crosby is still selling Christmas albums and he's been dead for 40 years. Same for Elvis.
9. Don't pay any attention to that Irish singer. Don't tweet about her.
- Put the ice in the glass before the whiskey. (via @nickorloff)